Parent Involvement Programs Mission Statement
District and school-based Title I Parent Involvement Programs in Polk County will strive to build RELATIONSHIPS to create real family engagement for every child, every family, every teacher, every day.
Title I Overview
Components of Title I are:
- Effective Instruction
- Professional Development
- Parental Involvement
Studies show that the more parents are involved in the education of their child, the more academically successful that child will be. The goal of the Title I Parent Involvement program is to give school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators information, materials and resources to enable them to provide for their parents at the school-level. It is the job of the Facilitator to give parents the tools and resources necessary for them to help their child at home. Everyone working together in this way gives the child the best possible support for doing well in school.
For more information, please view the PowerPoint presentation from our Annual Title I Parent meeting.
Useful Links & Resources
- District Website
- District Title I Website
- PCSB Parent Guide
- School Parent Involvement Plan
- School-Parent Compact
- School-Parent Compact – Español
- School-Parent Compact – Haitian Creole
- School PIP Summary
- School PIP Summary – Español
- School PIP Summary – Haitian Creole
- District Title I Parent Involvement Plan Summary
- District Title I Parent Involvement Plan Summary – Español
- District Title I Parent Involvement Plan Summary – Haitian Creole
- District Parent Involvement Plan with Signed Assurance
- School Improvement Plan
- Right to Know Letter
- Website and Pin Verification Form
- Federal Programs Focus on the Family – November/December Newsletter
- Family Resource Center at Garner Elementary – December Calendar (English & Español)
- 4 Week Notification Letters – Jacobs, Vega, Kier, Rivera
Book Bridge Bus and Family Center
The Book Bridge Bus is now a mobile parent center in the Davenport/Haines City area. The bus will be at different schools in this area during the day. Parents and families with a child in a TITLE I Polk County School are invited to visit the bus at any of the locations on our schedule.
The bus will offer parents information, resources, and materials for checkout. In addition, each week the staff on the bus will have an informational workshop for parents/families.
Coming soon…a Family Resource Center on the Campus of Horizons Elementary. Please visit our website for more information and look for the March Calendar coming home at the end of the month.